Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Estee Lauder double wear foundation

I have been using this foundation for the past three weeks, mainly because I have a tan and when the lady in the shop matched me before I went on holiday I think she gave me the wrong shade as it suits me more when I have a tan than before. I had heard some really good reviews of this foundation and a lot of people called it their 'holy grail' foundation.

The packaging is very cute, and it looks like a high end product. It comes in a glass bottle which feels like it wouldn't break, with a gold top. Unfortunately it doesn't have a pump which is something I don't like about it.
The foundation itself is a lot more liquidy than I thought it would be. A lot of people had compared this foundation to the revlon colorstay foundation which is a lot thicker so I was a bit surprised. I'm not sure I like the consistency of it as most of the foundations I use are on the thicker side.
I apply this foundation with a sponge applicator, I did try using my real techniques brush and then my fingers but it didn't apply very well with either. I only use a small amount of foundation as using the sponge makes a little go a long way, plus because I am tanned I don't need the super full coverage that I usually go for.
I do apply a small amount of powder over the top of this to make it last that little bit longer.
I find that this foundation gives quite a matte finish, which is what I like, and so far does seem to last all day. Although this could be because my skin is very tanned still so I can't really tell that I'm wearing foundation much. I did get very sweaty the other day (tmi) and this foundation still managed to look flawless!
I am very impressed so far with this foundation, and have found that when I apply it with a sponge (I am going to have to buy a beauty blender!) It doesn't begin to look cakey later on in the day like some foundations do.

Overall I will continue to use this foundation for a while I think, but once I lose my tan I might do an update as I'm not sure if it will still work as well for me. It is quite expensive (I think it was over £30) and there are foundations that are just as good out there, including the revlon colorstay foundation, but if you're looking for a good quality foundation that lasts all day and you're prepared to spend a bit extra, then this will be great for you!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment