Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Sunday 14 September 2014

#samplesunday dior star foundation

hi guys!
Someone came up with a pretty good idea about doing mini reviews on samples ( I can't remember who it was but I do remember that she is doing it on instagram) and I thought it was a really good idea and so have decided to do my own Sample Sunday.  This won't be a weekly thing as I don't have that many samples left, but I will only post about them on a Sunday.  It is going to be a mini review of the product and kind of a first impressions post as with samples you only usually get a couple of uses out of them.

My first Samples Sunday is going to be on the Dior Star foundation.

In the cosmo magazine (or glamour I can't remember which one but it was one of them) they gave a little card entitling you to a free 7 day sample of the Dior Star foundation and a colour match.  I got very excited about this, if you follow me on twitter you will know that I tweeted quite a bit about this, and I convinced LJ to come with me to our nearest Boots store that stock Dior.  I was that excited I actually went after a night shift so I was pretty knackered but thought it was going to be worth it.
The device they use to colour match suggested a colour that the two girls on the counter disagreed with, they tested it on about 7 different parts of my face and got the same result every time but decided to go against that and choose the colour they thought was a better match.  I was a bit dubious about this as what is the point in having a device that matches the colour if they aren't going to listen to it?
Anyway, I thought I would try the sample out yesterday as I was at an interview on Friday and wanted to wear a foundation that I knew I liked, so Saturday it was.

Firstly, the sample was smaller than I was expecting seen as it said it was a 7 day sample.  It came with a leaflet stating that the best way to wear the Star foundation was to use the Star primer and the Dior backstage blender, which I think is meant to be like the beauty blender.  I don't have either of these so I did just apply it over my Smashbox primer and with my real Techniques brush.
The first thing I noticed was the colour, it was way too dark for me, but I thought if I blended it a little it might look okay.  No.  I looked orange!! In the end I applied my usual foundation over the top as i didn't have time to take it all off and start again.  It is a slightly more liquid texture than the no7 foundation, but is thicker than the chanel foundation that I have.  The coverage seemed to be medium, but will probably be buildable.  It seemed to blend quite nicely with the real techniques brush, but it was a very dewy finish that I got.  I like matte finishes as I have oily skin, so I wasn't too impressed with the finish.  It would probably be okay with a setting powder but obviously I applied foundation over the top so I didn't have the chance to use a powder with it.  I would say from the five minutes that I was wearing it alone, it would probably be more suited to people with dryer skin.
I will point out though that wearing both foundations together made my skin look stunning!! If a little too dewy for my liking.
I will try this product again in a colour more suited to my skin tone as I think it could be nice for the summer weather or when I go on holiday.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment