Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Friday 5 September 2014

Products I regret buying

Hi guys!
I thought I would do a post all about the products that I wouldn't purchase again, as I have done my monthly favourites for august so I wanted to show the products that I haven't loved.

B.right by benefit
I really wanted to love the skincare range by benefit but I bought the sample sized versions and I'm so happy that I didn't buy the full sized ones. The thing that most stood out for me was the smell, they all smelled the same but for some reason I hated it so I didn't look forward to using them. The packaging was flimsy too, as the caps of the bottles kept breaking, which isn't very good for a more high end product. The facial wash and polish left my face clean but no more than other cheaper products and I didn't really like the moisturiser as it felt like my face was overly greasy and as i already have oily skin this wasn't good for me.

Benefit erase paste
This is another benefit product that i regret buying. I had high hopes for this product as the advertisement i saw made it seem like a miracle product and the reviews I read were all good. But I have very dark circles under my eyes sometimes as i don't get very much sleep, and although this product is very thick it didn't cover the circles as much as I would have hoped and it settled in the creases after a few hours.  I kept trying this and even used eye primer under it and makeup setting spray above it, but nothing helped. There are many cheaper concealers on the market that work better.

Soap & glory it's about prime
I wanted to try an eye primer as my eyeshadows usually don't last all day, and I was into soap & glory at the time so I bought this one in white. I bought white as I haven't managed to do a smokey eye that doesn't make me look like I have a black eye yet, so didn't think there was a point in buying the grey one. Unfortunately, this primer doesn't make my eyeshadow last any longer and also accumulates into the crease of my eye itself and so is a bit of a waste of money.  I have tried using more and less, and nothing helps. It was at this time that I got benefit stay don't stray eye primer which works amazingly so I couldn't help but compare the two and this one just didn't match up.

No7 beautifully matte primer
I had used this primer years ago and lived it but then didn't buy it again until about a year ago. When I bought it the second time i just wasn't impressed at all. It didn't keep my skin matte like promised and it was a bit hard to apply. It seems to dry on impact with the skin, or is just really thick that I found it nearly impossible to spread. I ended up using a flat foundation brush to apply it which worked better than using my fingers, and honestly it left my skin matte immediately but wasn't long lasting especially if I applied makeup over the top. I didn't even use the whole tube of this before I bought another primer. I haven't thrown this out yet but I doubt I would repurchase it.

Thea skincare
I didn't purchase this, I was sent it to try but after only two uses I couldn't use these anymore. As some of you may know I have a thing about smells. If my skincare smells bad I can't stand using it and these products smelled so bad! Like an earthy smell, not something I want to smell on a morning!! The wash didn't leave me feeling clean, the exfoliator didn't leave me feeling smooth and the smell of the moisturiser lingered for far too long. I would not purchase these products myself but I am in no way saying these won't work for some people. I understand the appeal of the brand as they only use natural products, but I just can't stand them.

Revlon colorstay ultimate suede
I got this in the colour socialite, and while I love the colour I don't like the product. As soon as I apply this my lips feel really dry and I have to apply a balm over the top or my lips become quite painful. The colour doesn't last very long and I do have to top up regularly throughout the day which disappointed me as I thought it was meant to be a colorstay product. My lips are quite soft and smooth usually as I do have a lip treatment on every night but I have found that when I apply this product, as well as looking dry it looks as though it sinks into the lines in my lips (which I didn't know I had). I wouldn't buy this again and I was very disappointed after the good reviews I had read. This product also made my lips feels a bit sticky for about 10 minutes after application which was unexpected and not very nice.

Revlon colorstay moisture stain
I got this in the colour London posh as it was the colour that I thought was the most wearable out of the ones available in my local boots. This was in a two for a tenner deal with the colorstay ultimate suede. I had read loads of reviews about this product, and everyone was raving about it! It seemed as if every blogger had tried this product and loved it so I was super excited to give it a go. Unfortunately I hated it from the very first application! To me, this product is stocky which everyone had said it wasn't.  It is probably just me but it did make my lips very sticky, and this is something I don't like in a lip product. I like my lips to be smooth and soft not sticky so I didn't like it straight away but thought I would keep giving it a go incase it was just me but it didn't get any better. This product also didn't seem to leave a stain on my lips at all which was one of the reasons that I initially wanted it so that I wouldn't have to keep topping up throughout the day. I was very unhappy with this and will not be purchasing again.

Have you tried any of these? What did you think of them?
X

No comments:

Post a Comment