Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Saturday 20 September 2014

My favourite authors and books

Hi guys!
I thought I would talk about my favourite books of the moment that make me feel good and happy and I have found myself reaching for them more and more recently and choosing them over new books.

Sophie kinsella has to be my favourite author. She is witty and her books are amazing! I relate to a lot of her characters and find that whatever mood I am in I always enjoy these books greatly.

Confessions of a shopaholic series
For those of you who don't know, this series of books is by Sophie kinsella and was actually turned into a film.
I love these as they are funny, especially the emails she gets in response to her requests and suggestions (which you don't actually see but can guess from the replies)! She is in a world of her own but always sees the good in the world which j love! The reasons she has in her own mind about having to buy things relates well to me, although I have never been in debt because of it. We see Rebecca meet a man, get married, pay off her debt, find out she has a sister, move to new York and have a baby! And a lot more but I won't spoil it for you!! This series is a work of genius and never fails to put me in a good mood! The new installment is coming out soon and I can't wait!

Wedding night
This is Sophie kinsellas most recent book and is hilarious! It follows two sisters, one who has just ended a long term relationship and rushes into a marriage with someone she hasn't seen in years, and the other sister tries to stop the wedding, and failing that tries to stop them from doing what normal married people do on the wedding night so it can be annulled! It is a really great book and I have read it about 4 times now since I got it!!

Twenties girl
this book is good, but a bit different from the other Sophie kinsella books. A woman goes to her great aunt's funeral who she doesn't know,  and sees the aunt's ghost. The ghost is stuck in the past and thinks she's still young! She wants nothing more than to go dancing with handsome men like they did in the twenties, and find her missing necklace which she thinks someone stole. It is a gripping read, and I don't mean that in the same way that people say it about horror books or anything like that,  just you want to know what happens next and what the aunt will do next. The ending is so heart warming!

Got your number
This is probably my favourite after the shopaholic books.
Poppy loses her engagement ring, which was a family heirloom, and to make matters worse she then loses her phone! She finds another phone in a bin which a PA threw away when she got offered a better job. Poppy gives this number to everyone so that she can still find out if anyone has found her ring, but Sam (the person who had the PA) rings the number and wants the phone back. They agree to share the phone so poppy can be in contact with everyone but she has to forward all of his messages and emails to him. They end up having a friendship and poppy helps when the company goes into crisis using the knowledge she got from reading all of his emails! Right up until the end there is a will she marry her fiance or leave him, and the ending is a bit of a shock although you kind of expect it at first then think you're wrong. This is such a heart warming story and makes me want to believe in love!

The undomestic goddess
Samantha has a high powered job, where she is expected to work really long hours and not have a social life so that she can become partner at the company.  She misses family functions and is basically stressed out, but she is one of the best. she is messy though and finds a contract on her desk that should have been filed, and because it hadn't someone lost a lot of money and her job is at stake. She freaks out and basically just jumps on a train and accidentally becomes a maid! This is hilarious as she has never cleaned up after herself never mind anyone else! But she struggles through and finds that she loves it but she wants to clear her name. We follow her as she learns how to cook and clean, and how she tries to prove to everyone else that she didn't lose the money. The question throughout is did she do it or was she setup? And what will happen if she is offered partner at the company? There is friendship and romance and everything I look for in a book!

Can you keep a secret?
This would probably be me! Emma is on a flight that has really bad turbulence and she thinks they're all going to die so she blurts out every lie she's told to the stranger sitting next to her as she doesn't think she will ever see him again. As it turns out she sees him sooner and more regularly than she expects, but will he remember all of her secrets and more importantly will he tell anyone?
You can't help but feel sorry for Emma here, she reveals all her secrets to someone and then has to face them every day knowing that he knows everything about her! He knows her code words for things like sneaking out of work to get coffee with her friend and that she tried to kill her colleagues plant and some much more embarrassing than that. I found it quite funny and you think it is going to be predictable but then something happens which I wasn't expecting! Definitely worth a read.

There are a few more but this post was getting too long!
Have you read any of these books and what did you think of them?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment