Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Saturday 27 September 2014

No7 beautifully matte primer vs smash box primer vs benefit porefessional

Hi guys!
Over the past few months I have tried 3 different primers, the no7 beautifully matte primer, benefit porefessional and smashbox oil free primer.

The no7 beautifully matte primer is my least favourite primer of the three. It is very hard to rub into the skin, I'm not really sure how to explain it, as soon as I apply it to my face it instantly dries my skin which then makes it extremely difficult to do anything with it. This is a good thing in a way as it does mattify my skin but I hate the way it feels. At one point I had to use a flat foundation brush to apply it as it was the only way that I could get it to cover my whole face but it actually ruined my foundation brush! Occasionally it will also leave white lines on my face where it won't rub in properly. It doesn't keep my skin matte all day either.

The benefit porefessional is the one that I love the feel and appearance of the most but it doesn't keep my face oil free at all. The packaging is my favourite of the three, as with all benefit products it is super cute! The product itself is like a nude colour and blends really well into the skin, and it does blur imperfections but I stopped using it everyday as it just didn't keep my skin matte and didn't stop my makeup from disappearing throughout the day. It also has the least amount of product in the tube by at least 8ml (it has 22ml, smashbox has 30ml and no7 has 40ml) so although it is slightly cheaper than the smashbox primer it is much less value for money.

The smashbox primer is the one that I use daily, mainly because I paid £25 for it and LJ would get a bit mad if I didn't use it! But also because it is nice to use. The packaging is pretty cute and allows you to see how much product is left in it which is very handy as the other two don't,  and it is a white, creamy product. When applied with fingers it smooths on much the same way as the porefessional does and leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. It doesn't minimise pores like porefessional does, but it does keep my skin slightly more matte for a bit longer. It is the most expensive of the three primers so although I do use it every day I am not sure if I would purchase it again as because it doesn't keep my skin matte all day I'm not sure it is worth the money.

Overall, I'm not sure which primer I like best.  If you don't have a problem with oily skin then porefessional is the one for you! It is the best at minimising pores and imperfections and seems to reduce areas of discolouration too. It would be nice to wear alone if you had blemish free skin too! For oilier skins like mine, the smashbox primer is fine for days when I'm not at work but when I'm at work the air con plays havoc with my skin and dries it out making it produce more oil to compensate. If this isn't a problem for you and you don't mind spending a bit extra, smashbox would be fine.
I'm not sure I will ever find a primer that will keep my usually-not-too-oily skin oil free when I'm at work, but until I do I will just have to keep looking.

Have you tried any of these primers? Or do you know of a primer that will keep my skin matte all day?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment