Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Tuesday 30 September 2014

How I apply my everyday makeup for work

Hi guys!
Today I want to tell you all how I apply my makeup for work, I'm in no way a makeup artist and there's a good chance I do everything wrong but it works for me.

After letting my moisturiser sink into my skin, I apply my primer with my fingers. Currently I am using the smashbox primer for oilier skins, and I find that applying it with my fingers helps it to sink in better as it is warmer than with a brush. I also apply eye primer now, which is the benefit stay don't stray eye primer in light/medium, and I apply this with my ring fingers.
I then apply my collection lasting perfection concealer under my eyes in a triangle shape, along the bridge of my nose, my chin and my forehead. I have only recently started to do this but I love the effect it has and it has helped my makeup to stay in place for longer.
I am using the no7 beautifully matte foundation in calico, which I pump onto the back of my hand and then use my ring finger to dot all over my face. I use the real techniques buffing brush to buff this in, and I find it leaves a flawless finish.
I apply my blush/highlighter, which is currently the revlon highlighting palette in ....... With a small brush that I got in a bronzing set. I actually do need to buy a proper blush brush!
I then apply powder with a gosh kabuki brush. The powder I use changes all of the time as I haven't yet found one that I love, but currently I am using the soap & glory one heck of a blot powder. I swirl the brush in the powder, tap off any excess and sweep over my whole face. I do this after I apply the blush as I don't like to be too shimmery and the powder helps to mattify the blush.
I apply my eyeshadow now, as I am only going to work I prefer to do a neutral eye. For this I apply a white or pale eye shadow to the lid with my finger (I did buy a brush but I hate it), and using another finger I apply a darker colour to the crease and the outer corner of my eye. I use the real techniques contour brush to blend the shadows together. I have been using two different sets of shadow recently, the rimmel palette and the soap & glory neutral palette. For both looks I use the real techniques concealer brush to apply the darkest colour of the rimmel shadow to the upper lash line as this finishes off the look perfectly.
I apply my mascara, which I am currently  changing as I don't like the one I was using.
And then I do my eyebrows using the rimmel eyebrow pencil in dark brown. I try to use small soft strokes to mimic the look of the hairs to make it look more natural.
I use the urban decay de-slick setting spray to set the makeup and once this has dried I apply my lip products. I don't apply my lip products before this as the taste of the setting spray is awful.
I am currently using the soap & glory fabu- lipstick in the missing link with the body shop coconut lip butter over the top as it softens the colour, I apply this with my fingers.

That's everything I do for a normal day at work.
What is your makeup routine?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment