Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Monday 4 August 2014

First impressions- chanel perfection lumiere

Hi guys!
As you know if you read my blogs, I have been wanting a new foundation for a little while now as the one I was using (no7 beautifully matte) is a but too high coverage for the summer. Although to be honest this is the first year that I have wanted to get a lighter coverage foundation!
I was undecided between the chanel perfection lumiere and the vita lumiere aqua foundation as I watched the reviews that fleur de force and ingrid nilsson did and wanted a chanel foundation. Because I couldn't choose I sent my fella to get one for me while he was already shopping and let him make the decision. Bit risky but if I had gone I would have ended up with both!
He came back with the perfection lumiere one in 20 beige, which cos £36, the most I have ever spent on a beauty product in my life!
I used it the very next day and I though the colour was a bit too dark for me but it actually matched me perfectly and seemed to get better throughout the day.
The packaging is luxurious,  it comes in a glass bottle with a black pump and it feels so sturdy as if it wouldn't break if you dropped it. The glass is see through so you can see the colour of the foundation and how much you have left.
I shook it but I'm not sure if you're meant to! I use two pumps for my face, and it is a lot more liquidy than any other foundation I have used which is good as it provides a lighter coverage.
I used  brush to apply it, and it went on smoothly over my primer and looked flawless. It does look slightly more beige than my skin when I first put it on but it looks perfect after a few minutes.
It has a smell that I can't quite describe, I actually really like it as it is quite sweet I think. Not at all what I expected it to smell like!
It does look shiny during the day but it doesn't claim to be mattifying and I had the same problem with my old foundation.
The coverage it gives is lighter than what I am used to but looks more natural, it doesn't cover any blemishes I have very well but that is what concealer is for really.

This is perfect for what I wanted and will be fab for my holiday. It is a bit pricey bit with foundations I think you get what you pay for. I haven't been using it for too long so I will do an update after about a couple of months but so far I love it.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment