Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Saturday 30 August 2014

My history with clinique and why I love it

Hi guys!
If you have read my previous posts you will probably know that I use the clinique three step system all of the time because I do love clinique skin care.
It all started when I first discovered juicystar07 on you tube, I had never even seen a beauty guru before but I loved watching her videos and would pretty much try most things she recommended. In a holiday video she mentioned the clinique three step system and how much she loved it so the next day I went straight the clinique counter in boots.
I bought the travel size ones in level 3 for oily combination skin, and loved them but at the time I was still suffering from acne so when I heard that they had a blemish control version I had to try it.
At the time they didn't have the smaller sizes in this range so I spent about £70 getting the full size.products which ended up being a waste of money as this range just made my skin worse. I went back to the counter and the woman explained that it could take up to 2 weeks for my skin to purge and then calm down but 4 weeks later my skin was still a mess!
I stopped using the products and my skin gradually got better and I tried other new skincare products from other brands. 
But then I saw juicystar07 mention the original 3 step system and decided to give it another go. 
While I was at the counter I saw blemish control foundation so decided to try that too. The woman matched me up wrong so I ended up not using the foundation I had bought but I did love the powder!!
Since then I have used the 3 step system religiously and if I try any other products I try them in conjunction with this! I love the way it makes my skin feel and I know that it works for me.
I have also tried samples of other products such as the eye cream and moisturiser which I have incorporated into my skincare routine but not daily as I use them when I want to feel a bit more pampered.
Clinique is probably the only brand that although I had a bad experience with them I will continue to use them probably for the rest of my life. They are always bringing out new things to try and I am gradually trying their makeup range again.
I love their lip crayons and am planning on buying the baby tint range next! I am also wanting to try their foundation and powder again, and they have some pretty primers too which look fab!
I have also recently started using the take the day off balm which is amazing and I will be doing a product review very soon as it is the only thing that can remove benefit they're real mascara (apart from the makeup remover specially made by benefit) and it leaves my skin super clean!
The thing I love most about clinique is that they have something for everyone and for every skin type. My sister has dry skin and I got a sample of the face wash and moisturiser for dry skin and gave them to her as I can't use them, and she loves them too! She never used to care about what she was using on her face but now she has seen how amazing her skin looks and she is hooked! This is the brand that I would most recommend to people for everything: makeup; skincare; nail polish; makeup removers; brush cleaners they do it all!

Have any of you tried these products?

Oh and I wasn't paid in any way to do this post I just really love clinique!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment