Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Sunday 19 October 2014

Clinique face sun cream

Hi guys!
If you follow me on Twitter you will know that I have been in cancun Mexico for two weeks :-)
Just before I went away I thought I would buy proper sun protection for my face as I hate using the sun cream I use on my body on my face as it is really greasy. I thought a one targeted for the face would be better so I bought a clinique one as everyone knows how much I love clinique!
The packaging is simple, it is a yellow tube with white writing on it. And the product is a thick cream, which seems stickier than I was expecting. It doesn't seem to have much of a smell which is good.
When I first applied this I was disappointed with the consistency of it as it was a bit sticky and a bit hard to rub in, and it left my face looking and feeling incredibly greasy. After using it for a week I noticed I was getting spots when I haven't had any in a while so I was quite upset by this, especially as during the day I wasn't wearing any makeup and having spots was making me very self conscious.
I did attempt to apply makeup over it once but it looked terrible as the makeup just didn't sit well on top of it and looked very streaky and patchy which was awful! Even just powder didn't work well so I ended up not wearing any!
It also didn't protect my face very well, I got burnt on the first day of the holiday! I was applying it every morning before I went out and after a couple of hours and after being in the pool so it wasn't as if I got burnt because I wasn't applying it enough!
I did have high hopes for this and I was very disappointed,  especially as I paid more for this than I did for the suntan lotion for mine and the hubby's body!

Would not recommend this to anyone going to a hot country at all.

Have any of you guys tried a sun cream for your face?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment