Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Monday 20 October 2014

Products I regret taking on holiday

Hi guys!
So these are the products I took on holiday with me and either didn't use or hated. As you all know, it is very important to only take what you need on holiday as there is a weight limit to the suitcases! So I thought I would do this post so that other people don't waste the precious kgs on items that won't be used.

Clinique sun protection face cream
I hated this! It was greasy and sticky and didn't protect my face from the sun at all which was a massive lot down!next time I will just do what I normally do and use the same lotion I apply to my body on my face!

Most makeup
I didn't use foundation at all as it didn't sit right on my face when it got burned or when I had sun cream on. It looked awful!
I also didn't apply makeup at all after the first week other than mascara and sometimes eye shadow as the colour of my tan had changed so much. I didn't need three different colours of lipsticks, I really only used my lip butter. I didn't use my brow pencil, as without wearing foundation i didn't need to do anything with my brows! Blusher and bronzer as again my natural colour was on show, and all the brushes that go with these items were also not needed!
Next time I am only going to take the bare minimum, for example mascara and lip butter and that's it.

Nivea in shower after sun
This was okay, but I prefer the normal after sun that you don't rinse off. This didn't moisturise for very long on me and didn't work at all on hubby. The garnier after sun us better and weighs a little less.

Nivea suntan lotion
I am sure that this suntan lotion is probably fine for other people but I have always used garnier and the hubby got nivea for this holiday and I didn't think it gave the same amount of protection as garnier even though it was the same factor. I felt like I got burnt more while using this lotion. It was also very thick and I didn't like the feel of it. The garnier that I usually use comes in smaller bottles too which means that it takes up less room in the case which is always good.

Makeup setting spray
I didn't use this as I used it once and it just made my skin look greasy which was the opposite of what I wanted! It might have been the humidity but it didn't work for me at all while on holiday.

So they are the things that I won't be taking on holiday abroad again as they might not sound much but they did actually weigh quite a lot and we could have taken more things like extra bikinis lol.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment