Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Makeup collection- primers, foundations and concealers

Hi guys!
I thought I would do posts about my makeup collection, which is still quite small currently but good enough for me! I am doing it over a few posts as it would be too long to do all in one.
*disclaimer: I am not bragging about anything that I have, I know my makeup collection will be small to some of you and large to some of you (my husband), I bought all of these products myself except for the sample sized ones which were free with another purchase in store. *

Primers
Benefit porefessional
This is a well known and very popular primer amongst bloggers, and although I did love it its not my go to primer currently. It comes in a super cute tube and aims to minimise the appearance of pores which it does.

No7 beautifully matte primer
This is quite hard to apply especially with fingers, mattifies the skin instantly but doesn't keep mine matte all day.

Smashbox photo finish primer
This was my most expensive primer, and is the one I am currently using everyday. It is lightweight and although it doesn't keep my skin matte all day it works well enough.

Benefit that gal primer
This was a sample I got in the benefit beauty score box, and I hate it! It is a pinky colour and doesn't mattify my skin and actually I thought it made my skin more oily and looked awful!

Concealer

Benefit erase paste
I used this a few times but although I got the lightest shade it looked orange on me and didn't cover my dark circles at all.

Collection lasting perfection concealer
I got this in ivory and I am in love with it! I use it to cover my dark circles under the eyes, and not only does it cover them, it brightens the whole eye area and stays in place all day with only a small amount of creasing.

Maybelline dreamlumi concealer
I got this as I used it years ago and loved it, but the ivory colour looked orange on my skin and didn't hide the dark circles.  I was gutted about this as I was expecting better based on previous experience.

Foundations

No7 beautifully matte foundation
This is the foundation I have been wearing every day for quite a while now and I do love it. I got it in the lightest shade which I think is called calico but I could be wrong. This shade matches me perfectly when I don't have a tan (and I haven't had a tan in years!) It looks flawless when first applied and only needs maybe one touch up a day which is fab. It doesn't keep my skin matte all day but doesn't look overly oily either

Chanel perfection lumiere
I like this foundation but I don't love it. It's actually a shade too dark for me so I am going to use it on holiday when I am beginning to tan. It is a medium coverage so is perfect for the summer months when the no7 foundation is a bit thick.

Estee Lauder double wear foundation
I have only just recently purchased this and although the lady in the shop 'matched' it to my skin it seems a little dark/orange to me but I will use it in the summer months. I have only used it once so far so don't want to say too much.

Creams and highlighters

Clinique moisture surge cc cream in light/medium
This was a sample in a Clinique bag I got for purchasing 2 items. I haven't used it yet but I did check the colour and it is really dark! I am hoping that it will blend out to be a lighter shade but I am taking it on holiday to use instead of foundation. 

No7 illuminating fluid
I got this in a gift for buying 2 products and only used it once. I guess if I was to use it I would use it in the summer and I would mix it with my foundation to make my skin look illuminating.  It is gold in colour and looks quite pretty but with my oily skin I am a bit worried it will make me look like a grease ball.

Benefit high beam
I got this in the beauty score box and haven't actually used it yet but it looks pretty.

Makeup setting spray

Urban decay de-slick makeup setting spray
I have used this every day since I bought it and I quite like it. As a setting spray it's not the best but it does cool my face down.

That's everything I have for my base, it doesn't seem much when written down!
What have you guys got in your makeup collection to use as a base?

X

1 comment:

  1. Well you have more makeup then me lol! I have about 4 items in my makeup bag. I have a 2in1 compact which gives me a quick flawless finish, eyebrow pencil because my eyebrows are awfully thin and eye liner. I only wear mascara as a going out item. I would love to extend it but I don't have time to apply it on a normal day!

    ReplyDelete