Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Friday 3 October 2014

Pretterature: shopaholic to the stars by Sophie kinsella

Hi guys!
So I don't know if I'm going to stick with the name pretterature but if you hadn't guessed it's a mix of prettyinpeach and literature :-)

The first book in this series is the new shopaholic book by Sophie kinsella called shopaholic to the stars!
I love this series of books so I was super excited when it was announced that there was another installment and I pre ordered it on my kindle as soon as I found out!
The story continues from the last book mini shopaholic, after Luke has announced that they are going to LA for a little while while he works with a movie star. Becky wants to become a stylist to a movie star and this book follows her hilarious attempts to become one! There's also her friends suze and tarkie who come to visit her, and there's a return of one of beckys enemies!
There's a missing husband and dad, and a creepy cult man, basically everything that could make it a good book is there but unfortunately I didn't like it as much as the other ones and the ending was a bit disappointing. It ended on a cliff hanger which I understand makes people come back for the next book, but to me it just made the book feel a bit unfinished.  It wasn't as funny as the other ones, and I feel like we are.starting to miss the essence of Rebecca bloomwood.  The books work because she is so unpredictable and addicted to shopping but with such a good heart, but here it felt like we lost her a little bit and I was unimpressed by the book

I hope the next one is better.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment