Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Belly bars and infection

Hi guys so this may be a bit of a disgusting post but I think it might help some people if they ever experience it.
I got my belly button pierced when I was 17 (so 7 years ago) and it has been fine, apart from fainting after I had it done (I'm scared of needles) I haven't had any problems at all.
I bought loads of belly bars and would change them relatively regularly and sterilise them after use.
And then I moved. Stupidly I put them all in one tub together and during the move I have managed to misplace the tub and so now I only have the belly bar I have in now which I have been wearing for the past 6 months or so. I noticed the other day that it was getting sore and when I looked it was pussing a little bit and has been ever since. I have sterilised my belly bar and put it back in, I have used salt water, savlon and savlon spray but nothing has helped much.
I have started taking the bar out while I'm in the shower and trying to wash the hole out as best as I can and that seems to be helping but the major thing that I am doing is going to buy some more belly bars.
I kinda didn't want to when I first realised I lost them as I thought I would find them and didn't want to waste money we don't have, plus I thought after 7 years I wouldn't be able to get an infection anymore! How wrong was I!
it has cleared up an awful lot now but I did panic as I do think this happened because I didn't change the belly bar or even take it out to wash it for a while so if anyone is in the same situation as me and can't change the bar for a while please make sure you clean the area regularly and also make sure you do take the bar out to sterilise it!!

If this has happened to anyone else please comment below and let me know what helped you :-)

Oh and whatever you do don't let it close while infected as you could get blood poisoning

X

No comments:

Post a Comment