Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Saturday 26 July 2014

Why not make a milkshake?

Hi guys!
I was going to get my breakfast this morning and I really wanted a banana but I hate them when they are too soft and they start to bruise a little.
So I thought I would share with you what I do instead of throwing them out :-)

When they are really soft there are 2 things I do, one is healthy ish and one isn't at all.

The first thing is I make a milkshake. Add the banana or bananas to a blender and add 250ml of the milk of your choice and blend until smooth. It tastes gorgeous and you can add stuff to it, I have used yoghurt,  other fruits and even ice cream at one point! It is so easy to do and ensures nothing gets wasted and if you make the milkshake when the banana is firmer it doesn't work as well.

The second thing is microwaving it with chocolate. Sounds awful I know, but when I was younger my aunt used to have bbqs all of the time and one of the things they did was to put squares of chocolate into a banana still in the skin (cut out small pieces of banana and put the chocolate in) wrap it in tin foil and put it on the bbq.  I used to love it but I don't have my own bbq yet so me and my sister used to chop the banana up, count the pieces and put the same amount of chocolate in then microwave for 40 seconds, check to make sure the chocolate has melted and eat with a spoon :-) it is so amazing!

So there's the two things I do with over ripe bananas :-)
Do you have any tips or tricks that you do instead of throwing food out?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment