Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Saturday 19 July 2014

Benefit facial wash and facial polish


Hi guys!!
Well it has been a little while since I last posted a review, there are many reasons for this and for why I haven't been posting regularly but hopefully I will start again soon!!

This post is about the benefit facial wash and facial polish which I got as part of my mini boots haul.  I haven't been using these for very long but sometimes I do form an opinion on products really quickly and that is what has happened here, the other benefit products I got I haven't got an opinion yet but I will review them at a later date.

Firstly, the facial wash.  The packaging that this comes in is super cute, and is probably one of the reasons that I wanted it if I am honest.  That and I was starting to read beauty blogs more and people were saying great things about benefit and I wanted to get in on some of that benefit action!!
The product is white and looks a bit shimmery to me but that could have just been the lighting in the bathroom, and a very small amount goes a very long way! I was using a pea sized amount and it was foaming up loads and covered my whole face which is good as it is quite expensive for a face wash but is good value for money if it lasts a long time!! Now onto the smell, I hate it!! After using the instant comeback serum I thought I wouldn't mind the smell but for some reason the smell of this actually makes me feel physically sick.  I don't know what it is about the smell, maybe because I use it first thing on a morning?  I am a bit weird when it comes to the smell of products, I can't use the hair removal cream by Veet because it makes me feel sick so maybe it is just me. But this is probably the only reason that I will not repurchase this product.
This foaming facial wash claims to be a one step cleanser, meaning it removes makeup etc. I will be honest and admit that I don't use it to remove my makeup as I use it on a morning before my clinique soap (I am a bit paranoid that if I stop using the clinique soap that I will start breaking out) but there has been a few occasions when my makeup has been left on overnight (I know, I know I am a bad beauty blogger but sometimes when I have been awake since 3am and don't finish work until 9pm I just go home and fall asleep) and this wash has removed all traces of it.
All in all I think this is a really good product and worth the money but I will not be purchasing the full size because of the smell. Sorry benefit!!

Now onto the facial polish. It has the same cute packaging as the wash, which I love as it makes my bathroom look so cute! I will be honest and admit that I haven't really noticed a smell with this, I'm sure it has the same smell as the wash but it must not be as strong as I haven't noticed it.
The polish is meant to be used once or twice a week and gently exfoliates skin and refines pores. It is white and feels like it has little beads in it (obviously it has something as it exfoliates) and usually these products aggravate my skin but this does seem to be quite gentle. I'm not sure whether I will purchase the full size of this but again a little goes a long way so to me you do get value for money with this product.

Have you tried these products? What did you think of them?

X
@prettyinpeach04

2 comments:

  1. great review!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a cute Dahlia trench coat giveaway on my blog at the moment, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun means a lot that you like it and commented :-)
    I will have a look at your blog now x

    ReplyDelete